Discover the stories behind some great British innovations at EDS
13 September 2016EDS has always been a showcase for the UK’s design innovation and there is nowhere better to view this inventiveness than in the Innovation Zone.
Stand B2 has been reserved to show off a snap-shot of great British innovation examples. If you are looking for inspiration to stimulate some new ideas, then a visit to the Innovation Zone is highly recommended.
Seeing how others have got creative with the technology around them or with the latest materials might just be the lightbulb moment you’ve been waiting for. These products incorporate a number of emerging technologies and processes to create something that is market leading or game-changing.
HIGHLIGHTS THIS YEAR, INCLUDE
- A front fork-end of a motorbike produced using an additive manufacturing process developed at the Manufacturing Technology Centre.
- The Rp1 track day car from the Elemental Motor Company, that uses cutting edge design with advanced materials to redefine what a lightweight sports car can be.
- A deployable space boom, the AstroTubeTM Max, from Oxford Space Systems, which is designed to enable a range of mid to high mass payload deployments in space.
- The BuddyWOTCHTM, a self-care smartwatch designed to reduce the burden on health services by Renfrew Group for Aseptika Ltd.
- Hydradig from JCB ‘s Innovation & Growth Centre is set to revolutionise construction in urban areas.